Thursday, January 20, 2011

Making Decisions

    
How would you describe your life? Are you achieving what you desire? How does your future look? One thing I have learned is you will never change your life, until you change something you do daily.
You see, success doesn't suddenly occur one day in someones life. For that matter neither does failure. Each is a process.
What are you preparing for your tomorrow? Are grooming yourself for success or failure? An author once said "You can pay now and play later, or you can play now and pay later but either way your gonna pay."
What I can be terrible with is time management but the truth is Time is an equal opportunity employer, but how we treat time is not equal. What do you do with your time? I know some of the thing that we have had to go through over the years has been because of not treating my time wisely!
Some people make choices, then experience negative consequences, yet wonder why they can't seem to get ahead. I know I was one of those people that kept making the wrong choice and getting stinky results and wondered way. Why was so and so always seeming to have everything go good in her favor? She wasn't even nice and Lord, don't you know I love everyone and I am obedient to your Word. Yep, I said those exact words. I really thought if I was obedient to God's word and loved everyone all should run perfectly for me. As Bro Hagin would say " Bless her darling heart and stupid head." There is a lot more to things not working out the way we think they should, like decisions, attitude, and obedience.


Even when people would share with me about the choices I was making, I would make it anyway!! Don't ask why maybe I could blame it on youthful ignorance or well let's just say it ignorance no matter what my age. 

Here is something that really helped me about making decisions and hope it helps you.... 

  • You don't make decisions because they're easy(did this a lot)
  • You don't make decisions because they're cheap
  • You don't make decisions because they're popular 
  • You only make decisions because they're Right....
Seem simple right,not even! If we all followed this we would all be very much ahead of the game in so many areas. There are to many time we make decisions for the wrong reasons and that is what gets us into trouble. The only one I have to blame when making a wrong decision is myself. That is a tough statement because no one once to admit that there failure are because of things that we have done.
Who ever said Failure is a bad thing because according to the word "Failure isn't fatal or final"? We look at failure as a bad thing and yet in fact without failure we could never grow. John Maxwell well said" I had to learn how to fail forward". You might fail but it doesn't take you backwards but forward.
The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to Failure.
Even positive people have a tough time learning how to see failure positively,I should know because I feel like I am a fairly positive and it still is hard to look at failures positively. I don't want to make mistakes, I want to make all the right decision for not only myself but for my children. I am the type of person that want to please everyone but I know I am only human and the only way I can learn sometimes is to step back and fail forward!! That is the attitude I have chosen along this journey and I know attitude can sometime be the problem. John Maxwell also said"Your attitude colors every aspect of your life. It is like the minds paintbrush". That is powerful !! If our attitude paints every aspect of our life we need to look at what we are painting!
So remember as we go along our journey remember our Attitude is as important as our Decisions.
Ask yourself our we learning from our mistakes? If we are open to learn from our mistakes, it can be an invaluable tool towards us moving forward in life and achieving our dreams! 


Sincerely
D'Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment